Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Church talks!

Austin and I gave church talks a couple of weeks ago, as previously mentioned.  It was on our one month-iversary and, both of our parents were in town, so it was a cute little way to celebrate.

We didn't write down our talks, and so I won't copy and paste them here, but I will include some of the things we brought up.

Austin gave an awesome talk based on The Witness by Boyd K. Packer.  I guess what I got most out of it is how important our actions are.  When we live what we believe, people can tell a difference.  Austin included this from the guide to the scriptures.  It is the definition of a witness, which can be a noun or a verb.

"A statement or other evidence that something is true; a testimony. A witness can also be someone who gives such a statement or evidence based on personal knowledge; that is, someone who bears testimony."

I focused on the talk by Marcos A. Aidukaitis If Ye Lack Wisdom.  It was a really good talk, and it talks about different ways you can get answers to your questions.  Basically there are three ways you can do it.  Read the talk.  Find out how!  

I also super liked this video, because I feel like it just relates to our lives today.  Because our lives are crazy, and sometimes it is hard to find pure and simple truth.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment